Friday 21 September 2012

Sneaker Catch Up

Ok so it's been a few weeks since I last posted an article up here due to holidays and some hardcore job searching but it's time to get back on the HRNR offencive so here we go. I was trying to pick from a few ideas I had to get back posting but I figured I'd let my past results dictate the way forward and so since I've had most feedback on sneaker based posts I'm going to catch up on a couple of kicks that have caught my eye during my absence. As always there is a photo and link for you to check out more.

First up is the Reebok Classic Jam. I wasn't sure on these at first glance but I happened to watch a kid walk past the stall wearing them this week and my opinion was instantly switched. I like the mix of styles on this sneaker with the classic stitching and heel design matched perfectly with the cement-esque accents on the sole and the re-vamped Reebok logo on the tongue. It seems to offer a little something for all the fans, some history and some modern style. This sneaker to me has the look of a collaboration with many different designers having their input which can have a 'too many cooks' outcome but here the result is perfect, A real winner for me.

http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/sneaker-releases/Reebok-Classic-Jam/

I also wanted to give a mention to the new Adidas Samba - Lionel Messi editions, being release as part of Adidas Originals Legacy of Craftsmanship collection. I'm not usually a big fan of collaborations which involve a sport star's name being branded on a sneaker and although I still don't see myself wearing these I do want to acknowledge the cool colourway that has been used. Based on Messi's Argentina colours the Samba is White with a light blue accent which gives it a very cool summer style feel. I like the classic football logo used on the stripe even if the messi name and argentina flag are something of a mood killer for myself but if you like special edition details then you'll love these. Along with the Snoop Dogg collab this line is producing some interesting results so keep an eye out.

http://www.freshnessmag.com/2012/09/18/lionel-messi-x-adidas-originals-samba/




No comments:

Post a Comment