Thursday 2 August 2012

Ben Sherman's Home Grown Talent

Ben Sherman has always delivered in offering a selection of clothing based on a classic, functional and stylish design to suite the market. From button down shirts of the 'Originals' range to Cleg suede desert boots the name of Ben Sherman has never failed to represent the style and fashion of the everyday British man. This month I read an article from the guys at The Daily Street concerning the launch of the new Autumn/Winter 2012 line and I for one am very happy to see the new collection carrying the historic name.

I will admit over the past few years I have shied away from the Ben Sherman name and I think the reason for this is simple. As a youngster Ben Sherman was a name that was ever present in my wardrobe, my parents were big fans of the brand and it offered a line of children's clothing that was very smart, very stylish and very affordable. It seems natural from this that as I got older I tended to move away from the brand in order to find new clothing lines that suited my tastes. However, over the past year Ben Sherman has recaptured my attention and this latest collection, in my opinion, is the most exciting yet.

The Daily Street's article on the collection focuses on the imagery of the advertising campaign for the new line and it's easy to see why. The campaign features some very cool photography of the new range and as the article reports the story behind the photos is quite unique. The models are all staff from various Ben Sherman stores and to me this gives a very natural and real sense to the advertising and adds to the everyday appeal of the collection.

The new line features some very cool, classic designs and along with another link to The Daily Street's review I posted a few of my favourite photos from the article below.

http://www.thedailystreet.co.uk/2012/08/ben-sherman-aw12-ad-campaign-imagery/








No comments:

Post a Comment